Meeting # 71 took place on April 26,27 and 28, 2018 in Paris. Click to go to the webpage of Meeting # 71
The SMDG meetings format has been enhanced by the addition of a common Intercompany Communication and business Process in the work of every subgroups:
- Utilisation of the standard within the shipping process
- Utilisation of the standard within the IT implementation process
- Utilisation of the standard within the communication process between the different logistical parties
- Objectives of efficiency
The format will now be:
- 1st day Opening session and Subgroup meeting including process for each subjects to wrap up actions and materials produced between both bi annual sessions:
- 2nd day Subgroup meeting including Common Intercompany Communication and Business Process for each subjects
- 3rd day will be dedicated to the plenary sessions to be used to communicate on the achievement and start the next action plan with the input of the full SMDG members attendance.
It will address the issues of the business implementations and process to enable efficient and accurate usage of the EDI format and industry feedback on regulation implementations or business needs (VGM, COPRAR exchange within alliances, TPFREP…).
New subgroups were created for the IFTMBF, Web services/ API, Vessel profiles
It will also address recommendations for IT providers for their own development road map to insure proper and efficient systems integrations through EDI et al.
This will enable the SMDG to move forward on the implementation actions plan, define the business requirements of the industry for the next SMDG bi annual general meetings, implement further subgroups work.
The 72th SMDG Meeting is hosted from 09 to 11 October 2018 in Hamburg by hapag LLoyd
Address of the Venue is
and conference fees is announced
Tuesday 09 October 2018 opening session and Subgroup meeting including process for each subjects
Wednesday 10 October 2018 Subgroup meeting including process for each subjects
Thursday 11 October 2018 Plenary
See the Next Meeting page for more information.