Our next meeting will be held in Singapore from 17. - 19. September 2019. Find out more and join us!
The 73th SMDG Meeting will be hosted from the 12th to the 14th feb 2019 in Massvlakte - Rotterdam
Futureland is to be confirmed soon by end of november
and conference fees to be announced
Tuesday 12. February 2019 opening session and Subgroup meeting including process for each subjects
Wednesday 13. February 2019 Subgroup meeting including process for each subjects
Thursday 14. February 2019 Plenary
The SMDG meetings format has been enhanced by the addition of a common Intercompany Communication and business Process in the work of every subgroups:
- Utilisation of the standard within the shipping process
- Utilisation of the standard within the IT implementation process
- Utilisation of the standard within the communication process between the different logistical parties
- Objectives of efficiency
The format will now be:
- 1st day Opening session and Subgroup meeting including process for each subjects to wrap up actions and materials produced between both bi annual sessions:
- 2nd day Subgroup meeting including Common Intercompany Communication and Business Process for each subjects
- 3rd day will be dedicated to the plenary sessions to be used to communicate on the achievement and start the next action plan with the input of the full SMDG members attendance.
It will address the issues of the business implementations and process to enable efficient and accurate usage of the EDI format and industry feedback on regulation implementations or business needs (VGM, COPRAR exchange within alliances, TPFREP…).
New subgroups were created for the IFTMBF, Web services/ API, Vessel profiles
It will also address recommendations for IT providers for their own development road map to insure proper and efficient systems integrations through EDI et al.
This will enable the SMDG to move forward on the implementation actions plan, define the business requirements of the industry for the next SMDG bi annual general meetings, implement further subgroups work.
See the Next Meeting page for more information.