Meeting # 70 (Sankt Peterburg)
The 70th SMDG Meeting was hosted from 26-27-28 september 2017 in Sankt Peterburg/ Russia by SOLVO
It has been an honour for SMDG to be invited to the wonderful city of St Petersburg.
We have known Solvo to be a well prepared contributor to SMDG meetings and we now know Solvo as a well organised and a hospitable host.
On behalf of all SMDG members and participants we would like to extend our gratitude to
Elena Grebenshchikova (CEO), Liubov Grebenshchikova (SMDG rep), Daniel Pershin (Head of marketing), Lev Aispur (Head of sales TOS), and Maria Skrivitskaya (Marketing)
We look forward to meeting again.
The Members, Secretary General and Chairman of SMDG
Venue was at:Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky
Tuesday 26 September 2017 Subgroup meeting
Wednesday 27 September 2017 Plenary session
Thursday 28 September 2017 Intercompany communications and and process review
1/ Future of SMDG / Status and budget
2/ Advancement on EDI with VGM, and BAPLIE 3.1 norms
3/ TPFREP, IFTSAI, Container messages
3/ Web sevices and normalisation of intercompany communications: Best practices
Please find final agenda here
1 /Presentation by the host SOLVO
SOLVO is the leading Russian provider of TOS and warehouse IT systems and other logistics related IT solutions
Presenter: Daniel Pershin, Head of Marketing Department
2/SMDG Legal Structure
Preferred formats are German "eingetragener Verein" (1st choice) or .French "1901 Association" (2nd choise) after this year study of all possible structures from a SA, to a Gmbh to an english law "community of Interest".
SMDG Chairman and Secretary will lead the legal structure workgroup and will ask for draft status.
Presenter: Arthur Touzot, Secretary of SMDG, Atseaconsulting President
Next Step: e-meeting mid January
3/ TPFREP Terminal Performance Reporting
All remaining items from wishlist were discussed and agreed: whether or not shall be included in next version 4.1
Version 4.1 enhancements will be:
- New events in vessel timesheet,
- Reporting of Overtime,
- Lashing Equipment,
- Landside Power Supply,
- Type of moves for cabotage.
- Differentiated TPFREP Light from Full TPFREP.
Carriers, such as HLL, CMA CGM, ... as well as ZIM Line are very interested in TPFREP and aligning between carriers to push the terminals and IT provider to adhere the format and simplify the monitoring and executable process.
Presenter: Michael Schröder, chairman of the TPFREP subgroup, Project manager/ IT consulting Hapag LLoyd
Next step: Develop Edifact solutions, request at UN/CEFACT to be published in D.18A, develop new MIG, next subgroup meeting to be advised
4/ Container Messages Coxxxx
- COPARN should have more than 9 DG items.
- COPARN All Terminals (Eurogate, PSA, ECT..) encounter issues to recognize the container sequence within a booking
RFF+SQ versus RFF+BN
Unclear whether weight is per container or per booking
- COPRAR Load for Empties
- Container Sequence in COPRAR + COPARN should be RFF+SQ
- T/S in COPRAR-Discharge required but would mean 2nd TDT segment => too complicated.
- Vent Seal reporting from Depot to Carrier in CODECO (MSC requirement).
- 2nd Full Release after customs inspections
Presenter: Paul Wauters, Chairman of the container message subgroup, PSA Antwerp
- All COxxxx (COPRAR, COPARN, CODECO...) messages follow a generic structure or should there be one "master message format" with all possible segments? This to simplify any future maintenance and make it easier for implementers.
- Container Message subgroup is asked to update the COHAOR manual on the SMDG website for the VGM weighting order
- Xml, Json:
Should SMDG provide the COxxxx-message structure also as XML format??
- The world seems to ask for XML and/ or JSON coming from IT integration schema: SOAP, REST... .see web service standardisation sub group
- Majority of members find XML better suitable for B2C than for B2B.
- IF an XML format is required then it has to be standardized.
- COPARN: Unclear whether weight is per container or per booking should be looked at during next meeting day 3 in Paris
5/ IFTSAI Vessel Schedule
- Qualifier for cut-offs - already published in D.17A
- Cardinality increased to cover multiple connecting feeder voyages per port - will be published in D.17B
Presenter: Michael Schröder, chairman of the IFTSAI subgroup, Project manager/ IT consulting Hapag LLoyd
Next step: To be discussed further in the IFTSAI work group
Terminals are having issues with the schedule from carriers! Terminal needs to know:
- Who is vessel operator?
- Who are the Co-Loaders?
- Voyage number from each Co-Loader.
- Service code from each Line.
- Unique call-ID to match messages from different Lines. Preferably from the Port Community Systems, e.g. the German Visit-ID.
Currently terminals have high manual workload to consolidate the schedule information.
6/ VERMAS / VGM reporting
VERMAS has become the world standard for VGM reporting in short time.
- Item 1/ Italian Authorities: The serial number of the weighing equipment must be reported.
- It means the VERMAS message structure has to be enhanced.
- Also carrier internal systems might have to be enhanced
- item 2/ Japan delegates: use the VERMAS also as weighing order to a terminal.
Michael Schröder, Co- Chairman of the VERMAS subgroup, Project manager/ IT consulting Hapag LLoyd
Yoshi Kito, Edi Expert, Consltant japan
- Item 1: be discussed further in the VERMAS work group
- Item 2: The VERMAS shall remain a small and simple message only for the purpose of VGM reporting.
For transmission of a weighing order the COHAOR message should be used. Container Message subgroup is asked to update the COHAOR manual on the SMDG website.
7/ BAPLIE / MOVINS
Main Topics: implementation of BAPLIE 3 is starting at the provider side such as Navis, in the next releases, Baplie 3 will be implemented within NAVIS suits: N4, StowMan, MACS3, and Powerstow
No presenation, Presenter Jost Müller and chairman of the subgroup excused for medical reason
8/ Container message validation Portal in cooperation with GEFEG
Main Topics: SMDG intend to provide its memebers a EDI format validation portal starting by BAPLIES and Coprar. The objectives is to enable each and every members, a reference platform against whist EDI messages could be tested and corresponding error messages of non SMDG compliance could be displayed if needed. Providing such a reference tool would enable B2B agreement on format exchange while avoiding the management of specific interface due to different "standard" application interpretations.
Next Step: SMDG members approved such initiative. The secretary general will liase with GEFEG and SMDG web site provider to have a technical proposal up for meeting #70 to enable the platform use under a member area.
9/ EIPP SAB documents on SMDG website
Main Topic: The SMDG Plenary agreed to the Hapag-Lloyd proposal to host the documents that were previously published on www.eippsab.com These are Implementation Guides, Process Maps and Data Models.
These docs will be put in a new menu item under "Cooperations". Christian Henze will be shown as point of contact on the SMDG website.
HL provided the documents and text for the website please refer to page http://www.smdg.org/index.php/cooperations/eipp-sab/
Presenter: Michael Schröder, Co- Chairman of the VERMAS subgroup, Project manager/ IT consulting Hapag LLoyd
Next Step: Should the SMDG also cover the IFTMBF and IFTMBC messages exchanged between a carrier and a shipper? There is no other responsible organization. INTTRA is not found appropriate.
Discussion will be continued in next Meeting in PARIS
10/ KL-Net (Korea) new messages proposal
VGM application in Korea and New messages proposal from KLnet a B2B and B2G It company
1st proposal: Ballast Water Management "BLWTRF" new message format.
Process: Vessel ==> Carrier HQ ==> Authorities
To transmit information about ballast water intake / outlet / treatment.
2nd proposal: Container Security Inspection Result new message format
To transmit result of Port Security Inspection to Authorities. Scan for nuclear substance is mandatory in Japan and Korea following the Fukushima incident.
Presenter: Taekmin Lee, Research Engineer, KLnet
1st proposal: SMDG suggest that KL-Net develops detailed message proposal until next meeting.
2nd proposal: KL-Net should check whether existing messages IFTDGN or IFTSTA or CODECO are suitable
11/ Webservice Standardization
Active discussion between members, the topic is found highly relevant. CMA will also participate.
- Majority opinion is that REST/JSON is more commonly used and better accepted than SOAP. The SMDG pilot should be developed in REST.
- Security management / access control is very important and must be covered even by the very first pilot.
Example Track+Trace: who is authorized to see the container status?
Ray: Common procedures already in place in other industries, He will report on this.
Pilot WS candidate:
- "get container master data" needed by a shipper and also by a terminal.
- Container status from smart container to the carrier (proposal from CMA)
Michael Schröder, Co- Chairman of the webservice standardisation subgroup, Project manager/ IT consulting Hapag LLoyd
Ray Schraff, Co- Chairman of the webservice standardisation subgroup, Industry Director, Hyland Software, LLC.
Next step: Work group members to develop pilot WS
12/ Vessel Data Vessel Profile in JSON format
XVELA intends to develop a JSON format for transmission of vessel profiles.
The vessel profile is used by stowage planning systems at the carrier as well as the terminal, and also for example by the XVELA collaboration platform.
Presenter: Arthur Touzot, Arthur Touzot, Secretary of SMDG, Atseaconsulting President, consultant for NAVIS CVS
Next Step: Presentation of the detailed format at the next SMDG in Paris by XVELA
|SMDG||Company||Contact||SMDG meeting 70 Subgroup||SMDG meeting 70 plenary||Process day|
|1||Chairman||APM Terminals||Bruis van Driel||yes||yes||yes|
|2||Secretary General||ATSEA Consulting||Arthur Touzot||yes||yes||yes|
|6||Member||MSC LENAVI||Stefano Ottonello||yes||yes||yes|
|7||Chairman VERMAS, TPFREP, IFTSAI||Hapag Lloyd AG||Michael Schroeder||yes||yes||yes|
|9||Member||HHLA Container Terminals GmbH||Sönke Witt||yes||yes||yes|
|10||Member||Japan shipping representative EDI expert||Yoshi Kito||yes||yes||yes|
|13||Guest||Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology||Dr Daisuke Watanabe||yes||yes||yes|
|14||Member||Bollore terminal||sebastien etcheverry||yes||yes||yes|
|15||Member||Bollore terminal||caroline guerin||yes||yes||yes|
|17||Member||Mersin International port||Cagdas Duran||yes||yes||yes|
|18||Member||Mersin International port||Ali Akbas||yes||yes||yes|
|19||Member||Kockumation Group||Henrik Monberg Carlsen||yes||yes||yes|
|20||Member||Kockumation Group||Valery Lavrov||No||yes||No|
|21||Member||Nile Dutch Africa Line||Peter van Santen||No||yes||yes|
|22||Member||Eurogate Container Terminal Hamburg GmbH||Stephan Krause||yes||yes||yes|
|23||Member||ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd||Ori Ben-Shimon||yes||yes||yes|
|24||Member||ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd||Ariela Ashuri||yes||yes||yes|
|25||Chairman of the container message||PSA/ Cosmos||Paul Wauters||yes||yes||yes|
|26||Chairman of the container message web services and industry requirement for advance process tools||Hyland Software, LLC., Westlake, OH||Raymond Schraff||yes||yes||yes|
|27||Member||ECT Delta Terminal||Boudewijn de Kievit||yes||yes||yes|
Download the full size picture here
CandidatesSpring 2018 meeting has been decided during the 70th SMDG Meeting.
Paris, France, BIC, (Burean Internaational des Containeur)