The IFTSAI is used for transmission of one vessel and one voyage. It is typically sent out by the vessel operator.
One voyage can be defined as a round voyage, or a half voyage, or a coastal schedule, depending on mutual agreement. In any case, a voyage consists of two or more ports called by the vessel. Data contained for the vessel: Vessel Name, Vessel ID, Voyage Number.
Data contained for each port of call:
Port and terminal code, ETA, ETD, cut-off times, connecting vessel/voyage.
A new version IFTSAI 3.0 is in work. It will include the following enhancements:
Enhancements added on D.13B
- Include possible feeder connections
- Add Partner Lines (Co-Loaders)
Enhancements added on D.17A
- New qualifiers for cut-off times in the DTM
Enhancements added on D.17B
- Include connecting vessels for both pre-carriage and on-carriage, with their vessel/voyage/ports/ETD resp ETA
Enhancements added in D.18A
- Two new qualifiers added in the DTM for “Estimated arrival at Pilot” (820) and “Actual arrival at Pilot” (821)
Enhancement added in D.19B
- Reporting the “Transport Service Code” in the TDT segment by Composite Data Element C290
Any questions and requests should be addressed to the WG-chair.
The latest Message Implementation Guideline can be found in Vessel Schedules