Working Group Chair: Michael Schroeder
The Terminal Performance Reporting message is sent from the Terminal to the Vessel Operator and, if agreed, to each Container Operator after vessel departure from a port.
Purpose is to transmit terminal productivity data and equipment movement summary, related to the complete vessel.
The message contains following information items:
- Vessel timesheet
- Crane timesheets, Crane Delays and delay reasons
- Number of Moves per Crane
- Number of boxes load / discharge / restow broken down by Container operator, full/MT, 20’/40′
- Number of hatch cover moves
Based on this information the gross / net productivity by vessel and by crane can be calculated.
Benefits for the Terminal:
- Provide only one standard message to all container operators, versus many individual formats as before.
- To create and send the message electronically saves time and money compared to creating individual reports manually and sending by email.
- For contract negotiations, both partners have the same data source available.
Benefits for the Carrier:
- All TDR in a central database allows structured analyses, e.g. over time series
- Consistency, easy to compare different terminals.
- Save manual workload for Port Ops
Any questions and requests should be addressed to the WG-chair.
The latest Message Implementation Guideline can be found in Terminal Performance